This in-house index will retrieve major articles on subjects covered in SJU’s publications for the titles and dates noted below.
The publications listed below are, or were, recurring (serial) publications. For historical books and articles about Saint John's,
see SJU History.
Print copies are available in the Archives. However, these publications have been fully or partially digitized. Some of them are fully searchable
online via the links in the descriptions below, and some (those marked below with an asterisk *) are also partially searchable
as SJU Archives on Vivarium and in
the CSB/SJU Newspapers digital repository.
Note: Use few search terms. You are not searching the full text, and the indexing is very general, citing only major articles.
The RECORD - Student Newspaper. Selected articles, 1952-current, are indexed here. For older selected articles, see also Index to The Record, 1888-1951, and the CSB/SJU Student Newspapers Digital Archive, which provides full-text, searchable access to the entire paper, 1888 to the present. Print issues are available in the SJU ARCHIVES and in ALCUIN LIBRARY (1985-current on the Periodical Shelves, Upper Level; 1888-1984 on the Periodical Shelves, Basement Level: Look under St. John's Record). Print issues 2001-current are available in the CSB ARCHIVES, and Fall 2008-current in CLEMENS LIBRARY.
Abbey Banner, 2001 to the present, can be searched and viewed online as pdf documents on the Abbey website at http://www.saintjohnsabbey.org/banner/index.html. Continues the
Saint John's Abbey Quarterly.
* Community, 1969-1993 (SJU only) and 2000-2009 (CSB/SJU): A newsletter for the campuses. (See Connections for 1993-1999.) In 2010 Community was continued as an electronic-only publication, , e-Community [see below]. * Indexing to its major articles is available above.
* Connections, 1993-1999: A newsletter for the CSB/SJU campuses. * Indexing to its major articles is available above.
e-Community, 2010 to the present: An electronic, web-based newsletter for the CSB/SJU campuses. Continues Community, above. [Note: e-Community articles are NOT found via the search box above.]
Headwaters, 2004-: Now published online, earlier issues’ tables of contents (only) are on the website for this annual CSB/SJU faculty journal through 2005. From 2006 on, issues are available online in Digital Commons. Its previous titles (1982-2003) were variations of Symposium [see below]. Most of the issues are available in the libraries. [Note: Headwaters essays are NOT indexed in searches done using the search box above.]
Lower Stumpf Lake Review, 1966-2001: The tables of contents (only) are searchable online for the 1966-2001 issues of this literary magazine; it was preceded by Sketchbook (below). This magazine contained poetry, short fiction, and artwork. Although it was primarily made up of student submitted content, non-students could submit their work. In the early years, LSLR was published between two and three times a year, but after 1985 it became an annual publication. It ceased publication in 2001. Studio One, originally a CSB student-ran publication that began in 1977, continues to run to this day as the art and literary magazine for both campuses. [Note: Lower Stumpf Lake Review works are NOT found via the search box above.]
* The Record, 1888-: SJU's student newspapers, 1888 to date, are searchable online together with, or separately from, CSB's newspapers (1969-1999).
The Record became a joint CSB/SJU newspaper in 2000. * Indexing to its major articles is also available above.
Sagatagan Seasons, 1988- : Newsletter of the Saint John’s Arboretum. These issues are all online and searchable. [Note: Sagatagan Seasons articles are NOT found via the search box for this page.]
* Saint John's Abbey Quarterly, 1983-2000: Print copies are available in the SJU ARCHIVES and ALCUIN LIBRARY (Periodical Shelves, Upper Level). Continued in 2001 by the Abbey Banner. * Indexing to its major articles is also available above.
* Saint John's University - Alumni Magazine: 1961- * Indexing to its major articles is also available above.
Saint John's University Catalog: 1867-1923 have been digitized thus far and are searchable online; current catalogs (2003- ) are also online. [Note: The Catalog contents are NOT found via the search box above.]
* Scriptorium, 1940-1988: 1940-1988 articles about Saint John's and Benedictines, written by monks; searchable online. * Indexing to its major articles is also available above.
* Selected Newspaper Clippings and Press Releases from SJU and CSB, 1999-current: Print copies of articles concerning SJU and CSB are available in their respective Archives.
St. Cloud Times articles from 2002 are available to CSB/SJU users; see the St. Cloud Times via ProQuest. * Indexing to its major articles is also available above.
Sketchbook, 1949-1966: The tables of contents (only) are searchable online for this 1949-1966 SJU literary magazine and precursor to Lower Stumpf Lake Review (above). This magazine contained student opinions, essays, artwork, short stories, poetry, and reviews, and was usually published twice a year. [Note: Sketchbook's contents are NOT found via the search box above.]
Symposium, 1982-2003: The tables of contents (only) are on the website for this annual CSB/SJU faculty journal, published from 1982-2003. In 2003 the title was changed to
Headwaters (above). [Note: Symposium's contents are NOT found via the search box above.]